This list includes:
- Inspections which have been completed for which a report is being prepared
- Inspections which have been announced for which planning is underway
- Inspections which have been scheduled but not yet announced (please note, these dates may change)
An Announced Inspection of Wooroloo Prison Farm took place between 21 March 2018 and 27 March 2018.
The inspection themes included:
- Strategic custodial and agribusiness management.
- Capacity to provide a structured day.
- Access to employment, education and medical services.
- Comprehensive through-care, including re-entry related vocational training and post-release support.
The inspection report is currently being drafted for comment. It is expected to be tabled in October 2018.
An announced inspection of Boronia Pre-release Centre took place between 23 May 2018 and 5 June 2018.
The themes that helped focus our inspection were:
- How Boronia’s philosophy has held up in the face of growing numbers and pressure across the women’s estate, and Melaleuca’s establishment as a reintegration facility.
- Future planning around Boronia.
- Representation of Aboriginal women at Boronia.
- Correctional outcomes.
The inspection report is expected to be tabled in December 2018.
An announced inspection of Hakea Remand Prison was conducted from 25 July 2018 and 5 August 2018.
For this inspection, we inspected Hakea Prison based on how we believe a remand facility should operate. We focussed on the multiple and complex needs of remand prisoners and the rights and entitlements of prisoners who are not yet convicted of a crime. We inspected the ability for Hakea Prison to meet the needs of remand prisoners safely and humanely, and explored how and why Hakea Prison deviated from these expectations.
The inspection report is expected to be tabled in February 2019.
Page last updated: 19 Nov 2018